FREE ✨Smarticles!✨

Connect with ✨Your Smarticles✨ to get our latest content by email.

Powered by ConvertKit

A Quick Quizlet Question Game

Ever hear of "I Have, Who Has" (also known as the loop game)?

If you're not familiar with the game, it's a whole class way to review vocabulary or concept in ANY content area in a way that involves the entire classroom. 

Here's How it Works!
Student A: (Reads the word side of his card):
     "I have MEEK" 
Student A: (Reads the definition side of his card)
    "Who has SELF-CENTERED or VAIN" 
Student B: (Reads the word side of his card)
    "I have CONCEITED" 
Student B: (Reads the definition side of his card)
   ....

This continues until all cards have been read and it leads back to the definition of MEEK where you started.

I used to LABOR over getting one of these games set up.  Quizlet, however, solved that problem for me.

Here's how I did it:


#1.  Build a set of words and definitions in Quizlet. (Mine are characters and descriptions from the book The Westing Game)
#2.  Print them in this format:


#3.  Cut apart the cards and lay them side by side in a column.


#4.  Remove the bottom word (leave the definition) and bring it to the top.


#5.  Slide the remainder of the column down.


#6.  Glue together each word with the definition it is next to.  (Yes, they are wrong!)
#6.  You can start in ANY spot and you will make it back to the beginning.

Do this with any content area and any grade level:
  • Math Facts!
  • Vocabulary words and definitions for any content area
  • States (countries) and Capitols
  • Synonyms/Antonyms
  • Characters in a novel
  • Foreign Language Review
 I  also like using Quizlet for this because not ONLY can it create the cards but I then make the 'stack' available to my students to assist them with studying.  ;)

Like things a little prettier?    Me too!  Here's a set I created using the strategy above to determine the card contents/order, but then I created each card in PowerPoint with an attractive font/background.


NOW who has Smarticles?