The App Basics
The dice appear on a table
Clicking on any die allows you to change the style of pre-made die or remove it
Clicking the + symbol allows you to add a custom built die
You can roll the die by clicking the rotate symbol or shaking the iPad
The gear symbol takes you to an additional menu where you can upgrade change the table color, turn sound off and see the dice list
Making Your Own Die
Click the + symbol
Select dice list.....add new cube
Name your cube
Modify the dice color and add words or numbers to each side by tapping the side
Each dice face supports numbers, emoticons and about 100 characters of text!
Some Instructional Ideas for Using Make Dice Lite
- ▶️Add student names to dice for stations, student selection and turn taking
- ▶️Create conversation cubes (for students icebreaker activities) Include questions like: What are you most proud of? , Who is the bravest person you know? , What foods do you like?
- ▶️Play left right center spell with spelling words (FREE PRINTABLE!!! Spelling Left Right Center)
- ▶️Play Left Right Center Solve with math problems
- ▶️Create your own story cubes! (Make dice light supports emoticons!)
- ▶️Place vocabulary words on dice and encourage journal writing using the words rolled
- ▶️Create bio cubes
- ▶️Create poetry evaluation cubes
- ▶️Create reflection dice to use as exit an after lesson assessment. Here is a random idea generator for reflections: tonyv.me/reflect.
- ▶️ Practice parts of speech nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc.
- ▶️ Create dice with review questions on them
- ▶️ Use blooms taxonomy to create thinking dice with leveled questions. Students roll and answer corresponding question. (See Comprehension Cubes, Thinking Cubes or Learning Cubes)
Use in lieu of traditional dice....much less dice chasing around the room....I guarantee it!!
A Dozen Digital Dice Demos.....now THAT's using Your Smarticles!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad