Let us be grateful to people who make us happy;
they are the charming gardeners
who make our souls blossom. -Marcel Proust
2012 and the Versatile Blogger Award!!
Today I received the Versatile Blogger Award...what a nice surprise! I am so grateful to have been recognized!!
Rules of this Award
Rule #1. Thank the person who nominated you with a link back to them.
Thank you very much to Ms. D from http://sixthgradesciencerocks.blogspot.com. for bestowing upon me the Versatile Blogger Award! After several years of plugging away at blogging, I was thrilled!!
Rule #2. Share 7 things about yourself
1. I would teach for free. I <3 <3 <3 my job!
2. I am a forward for 2 Ice Hockey teams
3. I have a dog named Eleanor Rigby
4. I get all of my best ideas while running
5. I read books on my iPad while taking bubble baths
6. If I'm going to eat chocolate it HAS to be Ghiradelli
7. In my next life, I'd like to be a Sommelier
Rule #3. Pass this on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they've received an award!
Blogs I've nominated are:
There is a WEALTH of information out there that people are sharing...go find what is yours for the taking! I'd like to say that for teachers, blog stalking is tantamount to release time....explore teacher blogs for a few hours and you will be blown away by all of the fabulous ideas, classroom management, projects, lessons, technology and organization tips that fellow teachers are sharing.
Tips for Blog Stalking
1. Try Pinterest. I've found dozens of fabulous bloggers this way
2. Don't just browse...follow!!! If I love a blog...I follow it. Bloggers are devoted, their blog is their craft. If you find one good post, they're guaranteed to have provided more or will provide more in the future.
3. Keep track of blogs that you follow through GoogleReader or Flipboard or your iOS device.
4. Don't superficially explore blogs. Previous blog entries have a tendency to get buried (especially with avid bloggers) Dig deep!! Explore older posts...they DON'T go stale.
5. Thank bloggers...provide feedback....leave a comment...be the charming gardener that makes OUR souls blossom!!