FREE ✨Smarticles!✨

Connect with ✨Your Smarticles✨ to get our latest content by email.

Powered by ConvertKit

Spelling and Technology Integration



Those of us that use word study activities in conjunction with spelling units, appreciate the effectiveness of this approach in helping students see and find patterns in their words. As I teach spelling units, I've enjoyed the games and activities that are suggested through the Spell It Write program, yet I've been challenged to integrate technology into the spelling program itself. Below are some of the technology tools that I've used to help enhance my spelling program.

The most VALUABLE resource I've used is Spellingcity.com. Each time I teach a spelling unit (I do one every OTHER week in sixth grade) I upload the list of 24 words onto spellingcity.com. This resource allows the students access to their lists at home and provides them with games, audio spelling quiz, handwriting worksheets and other review activities to use with their personalized spelling list.

A second tool that I've implemented to help with spelling word study is this customizable word template.